New patients sometimes think that chiropractors just “crack your back,” but the reality is that chiropractors do a lot more to promote full spinal health and wellness, using a variety of methods. When looking for a chiropractor, spend time digging into how chiropractors view whole body wellness and how they treat their patients to find a provider that meets your needs.
Finding a Chiropractor: What to Look For?
When first beginning to search for a chiropractor, ask family, friends, or your primary care physician for recommendations of practitioners they trust and would recommend. Then use practitioner websites to learn more about what chiropractors offer. Browse websites for:
- Testimonials from satisfied clients
- Clinic hours – it’s no good selecting a chiropractor whose schedule doesn’t mesh with yours
- Information on what to expect as a new patient
- Biography – so you know who you’re working with
- Information on how chiropractic treatment fits into your overall wellness
- Presence of complementary care, such as soft tissue massage or physical therapy
- Wellness education that can help you recover and strengthen your spine
- What insurance the practitioner accepts
At Comprehensive Health Physical Rehab & Chiropractic Center, we offer a full range of complementary treatments, including physical therapy, decompression therapy, occupational therapy, laser therapy, and acupuncture.
What to Expect in Your Initial Meeting
Once you’ve narrowed down your list, try to meet the chiropractor in person so you can learn more about his or her treatment style and develop a personal rapport. With any doctor, the personal connection is so important because you want to feel comfortable during your treatment. When you have this level of comfort, you will follow the doctor’s recommendations, work together to heal your body, and most importantly feel comfortable during your treatments.
Many chiropractors offer telephone or in-person consultations to discuss their services, your overall health and wellness, and how chiropractic care can help you.
Comprehensive Health Physical Rehab & Chiropractic Center offers a free new patient consultation so you can learn how chiropractic care can help you. Call today to schedule your free consultation.